Some nights, as I’m playing around with this site, I’ll end up installing some plugin that ends up with me spending a few hours setting it up. A week or so back I experimented with the WP Super Cache plugin, but decided not to use it as it resulted in the Twitter and Last.fm feeds on my site not being updated as frequently as I’d have liked. Tonight I’ve been messing with the WP Security Scan plugin. Basically it just tells you about possible security problems. It also fixes some of them, but I found it had a few problems doing this, so I ended up doing it manually. One problem on my site was that I was using the default prefix on the table names in my site’s database, the plugin can fix this itself, but it didn’t work for me. Changing it manually was a bit involved, but I managed to do it successfully. If I hadn’t I wouldn’t be able to post this! The plugin also advises to get rid of the default “admin” user, which I did, and a few other little changes which basically stop people being easily able to figure out what version of WordPress I’m using, or what plugins I have installed, things like that. So now my site should be a little bit harder to hack, which means my night of tinkering was quite worthwhile.